Kajian Tindakan & Inovasi P&P

Sabtu, 6 Ogos 2011

STUDENT EVALUATION OF CLASSROOM TEACHING AND LEARNING QUESTIONNAIRES


STUDENT EVALUATION OF CLASSROOM TEACHING AND LEARNING QUESTIONNAIRES

Dear Students,

The Teacher Education Division, Ministry of Education is conducting an evaluation of the effectiveness, appropriateness and efficiency of the implementation of PISMP program in collaboration with foreign universities.  Curriculum delivery is the main component of the program.  As such, this instrument is designed to collect your feedback about your learning experiences in the classroom. 
This questionnaire consists of THREE PARTS.  The first part contains statements related to your personal and professional background.  The second part contains 41 statements grouped under eight aspects of classroom teaching.  The third part contains two open-ended questions for you to provide additional comments or suggestions.
In order to improve your lecturers’ ability to teach subjects in this program effectively, you are requested to judge each statement honestly and truthfully so as to maximize the value of your feedback.  Your feedback will provide valuable information about the lecturers’ strengths and areas that need improvement. 
Your participation is voluntary.  Your anonymity will be preserved.  Therefore, no names are required.  You are assured that your responses will not be disclosed and will be kept in strict confidence. 

Thank you for your cooperation.








PART 1: BACKGROUND INFORMATION

Instruction :
This part contains questions about you, your subject of specialization, institute where you are studying, your interest in the subject of specialization and in the teaching profession.  In responding to the questions, please tick (√) in the appropriate box next to each answer or fill in the blank with appropriate answers.



1.

What is your gender

       
        Male
       
        Female



2.

What is your subject of specialization?

(Please write): ……………………………………………………………………..

3.
Is the subject of specialization is of your choice? (Please underline)

Yes                 No

4.

If the answer for no. 3 is ”No”, are you comfortable with the subject now? (Please underline)

Yes                 No

5.

Please name your institute
………………………………….. ……………………………………………………


6.
Who motivate you to choose teaching as your profession?
a.    My choice
b.    My parents’
c.    My friends
d.    Others (Please specify)...........................................................................


7.
After studying in this program for four semesters, my motivation to become a teacher is
a.     very high
b.     High
c.    Moderately high
d.    Low
e.    Very Low

8.
To answer the next questions, I am evaluating Miss/ Mr/ Mrs/ Dr (please indicate) ..................................................................................................................

Who is currently/ or have taught me the subject of ................................................
(The lecturers’ names will be KEPT IN STRICT CONFIDENT)




PART 2:  STUDENT EVALUATION OF TEACHING

Instruction:  Please indicate the extent to which you agree with each statement by ticking (√) in the appropriate box beside each item using the following scales: 5   =  Strongly Agree, 4   =  Agree, 3  =  Somewhat Agree, 2  =  Disagree, 1  =  Strongly Disagree.


Based on my experience learning this subject with this lecturer, I find

5
4
3
2
1

1.
my knowledge level in this area increases.


2.
I do extra reading to follow up points raised in the classroom.


3.
my interest in this subject increases.


4.
my motivation to learn this subject is high.


5.
my understanding of concepts in this subject increases.


While teaching this subject, the lecturer


6.
praise us for good ideas.


7.
are open to our opinions.


8.
use appropriate language when interacting with us in and outside class.


9.
make me feel welcome in seeking help in and outside class.


10.
address us by names.


11.
provide individual assistance when needed.


12.
review topics covered in previous classes at the beginning of the class sessions.


13.
write key terms on board or overhead screen.


14.
use relevant teaching aids to facilitate explanation.


15.
define new or unfamiliar terms clearly.


16.
use relevant examples to explain the content of the subject.


17.
explain the content of the subject using comprehensible language.






Instruction:  Please indicate the extent to which you agree with each statement by ticking (√) in the appropriate box beside each item using the following scales: 5   =  Strongly Agree, 4   =  Agree, 3  =  Somewhat Agree, 2  =  Disagree, 1  =  Strongly Disagree.


While teaching this subject, the lecturer

5
4
3
2
1

18.
follow class schedules as specified in the teaching plan for the semester.


19.
tie up the lessons by summarizing important points.


20.
digress often from the main topic.


21.
present the contents of the subjects in a logical sequence as specified in the syllabus.


22.
give lectures at a pace that facilitates note taking.


23.
explain the lessons’ objectives at the beginning of the class session.


24.
exhibit facial expressions to reinforce important points.


25.
move about while teaching.


26.
use body language effectively.


27.
speak in a dramatic or expressive way.


28.
extend eye-contact to the whole class.


29.
enhance the lessons with the use of humor.


30.
speak with variety in tone of voice.


31.
speak fluently in explaining the content of the subject without excessive pauses or “ums” and “ahs”.


32.
speak at a rate which allows me time to comprehend the points made.


33.
speak loudly enough for the room.


34.
vary the questions to elicit right answers when we provide incomplete or wrong answers.


35.
encourage us to ask questions.


36.
provide wait time after posing a question for us to think about the answers.







Instruction:  Please indicate the extent to which you agree with each statement by ticking (√) in the appropriate box beside each item using the following scales: 5   =  Strongly Agree, 4   =  Agree, 3  =  Somewhat Agree, 2  =  Disagree, 1  =  Strongly Disagree.

While teaching this subject, the lecturer

5
4
3
2
1
37.
give clear directions for writing the coursework / assignment.

38.
explain the grading scheme for the coursework / assignment clearly.

39.
explain the quality of work expected from the coursework / assignment.

40.
give constructive feedback on the coursework / assignment in progress.

41.
provide sufficient time for us to complete the coursework/ assignment.


PART 3: ADDITIONAL COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS



1.  What is it about the lecturer and his/ her teaching that you like most?

      ………………………………………………………………………………………………

      ………………………………………………………………………………………………

      ………………………………………………………………………………………………



2.  What improvements would you suggest to his/ her teaching of this subject?

     ……………………………………………………………………………………………….

     ……………………………………………………………………………………………….

     ……………………………………………………………………………………………….


Thank you for your cooperation.









Study Process Questionnaire (program/s outcomes)

Please choose the one most appropriate response to each question by filling in the appropriate circle
alongside the question number. The numbers alongside each question stand for the following responses.

1 — this item is never or only rarely true of me
2 — this item is sometimes true of me
3 — this item is true of me about half the time
4 — this item is frequently true of me
5 — this item is always or almost always true of me


No
Items of Learning Strategies
1
2
3
4
5

1
I find that at times studying gives me a feeling of deep personal satisfaction.






2
I find that I have to do enough work on a topic so that I can form my own conclusions before I am satisfied.






3
I find that I have to do enough work on a topic so that I can form my own conclusions before I am satisfied.






4
My aim is to pass the course while doing as little work as possible.







5
I only study seriously what’s given out in class or in the course outlines







6
I feel that virtually any topic can be highly interesting once I get into it.






7
I find most new topics interesting and often spend extra time trying to obtain more information about them.






8
I do not find my course very interesting so I keep my work to the
minimum.






9
I learn some things by rote, going over and over them until I know them by heart even if I do not understand them.






10
I find that studying academic topics can at times be as exciting as a good novel or movie.






11
I test myself on important topics until I understand them completely.






12
I find I can get by in most assessments by memorising key sections rather than trying to understand them.






13
I generally restrict my study to what is specifically set as I think it is unnecessary to do anything extra.






14
I work hard at my studies because I find the material interesting.






15
I spend a lot of my free time finding out more about interesting topics which have been discussed in different classes.






16
I find it is not helpful to study topics in depth. It confuses and wastes time, when all you need is a passing acquaintance with topics.






17
I believe that lecturers shouldn’t expect students to spend significant amounts of time studying material everyone knows won’t be examined.






18
I come to most classes with questions in mind that I want  answering.






19
I make a point of looking at most of the suggested readings that go with the lectures.






20
I see no point in learning material which is not likely to be in the
examination.





21
I find the best way to pass examinations is to try to remember answers to likely questions.







SOAL SELIDIK SELF-EFFICACY BAKAL GURU
(Hanya untuk dijawab oleh pelajar-pelajar PISMP yang telah mengikuti Program Praktikum)


Arahan:
Tidak Yakin
Kurang Yakin
Yakin
Sangat Yakin
Sebagai seorang bakal guru yang telah mengikuti program ini, sila nyatakan tahap keyakinan anda mengendalikan proses P&P di bilik darjah dengan membulatkan setakat mana anda rasa  ia berkait dengan diri anda.

Sejauhmanakah anda yakin dapat:
  1. Mengawal tingkah laku yang mengganggu yang dilakukan oleh murid dalam bilik darjah?
1
2
3
4
  1. Memotivasikan murid yang kurang menunjukkan minat dalam pelajaran sekolah?
1
2
3
4
  1. Memberi kepastian kepada pelajar bahawa mereka mampu membuat kerja sekolah dengan berjaya?
1
2
3
4
  1. Membantu pelajar menghargai peluang pembelajaran?
1
2
3
4
  1. Memberi respons yang sesuai kepada soalan pelajar yang mencabar?
1
2
3
4
  1. Memastikan pelajar mematuhi peraturan bilik darjah?
1
2
3
4
  1. Menenangkan pelajar yang disruptif dan bising?
1
2
3
4
  1. Mewujudkan sistem pengurusan bilik darjah dengan setiap kumpulan pelajar?
1
2
3
4
  1. Menggunakan pelbagai strategi penilaian pembelajaran?
1
2
3
4
  1. Memberi penerangan atau contoh yang berkaitan jika pelajar nampak keliru semasa mengikuti pengajaran anda?

1
2
3
4
  1. Meningkatkan kefahaman pelajar yang lemah?
1
2
3
4
  1. Melaksanakan strategi pengajaran alternatif dengan baik?
1
2
3
4


Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan